ok, so we've just got hooked up to the internet and I sign on to blog and my computer knows before I do where I am and loads blogger in Indonesian. It took a bit of figuring out - posting baru = new posting. If this makes in online, consider it my first test passed! (i need to keep my goals attainable for now!)
We arrived yesterday and did a little exploring arond the campus. It was fun to catch up with people we met in February and move in to our house. With only 4 suitcases, it didn'ttake long to unpack and the apartment looks rather bare, but, we'll go shopping soon and get rugs and picture frames and make it a bit more ours.
Luke and Isaac are doing really well... although Luke did say "I'm bored of this country now" before having a great time looking at the papaya tree in the garden and watching chichas (like geckos) running around. I think Luke is looking forward to starting school on Tuesday.
I was looking at all the prayer requests we put out last time -well done you faithful lot, every one was answered. despite being well overweight, we weren't charged a penny. The boys travelled well and we had no visa problems or anything else. We were even away from Jakarta a few hours before an earthquake. PHEW.
We have the girls arriving on Saturday for their orientation weekend. We have loads of help with that which is a great thing (I have to get used to accepting and asking for help!).
Well, that's all for know. we'll update often now we have the internet up. I can recieve and send text messages on my regular mobile (i think it's about 25p for an international text but do check first!) and don't ring the mobile, because it will swallow our support account in one big gulp!
Love to all, EMily for the family xxxx
Thursday, 9 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Well, you need to change your location on your blogger account then! How weird that blogger would just change your loacation and language without asking.
I am impressed by Luke's ulta-short attention span!
We are having very sunny weather at them moment - turns out you didn't need to go to Indonesia just for the sun tan...
Post a Comment